Thursday, September 19, 2013

baby, it's chicken soup outside

It's what I call "chicken soup" weather.
If you live in the South, you know exactly what I mean: that 90+ percent, the-second-you-step-out-your-front-door-you-feel-like-the-chicken-in-a-steaming-bowl-of soup kinda humidity.
So Daisy and I have spent the majority of our week hiding indoors, dreaming of cooler times.
Cranking the A/C to the limits, we've been watching holiday specials on Netflix, which inspired an early Christmas-style shoot (indoors, of course, which is something I haven't really tried before).





blouse, pantaloons, and dress: Daisy & Dolly Designs
shoes: h&m
bow: mine, Charming Charlie

Not too bad for the "automatic" setting, huh? One of these days, I really should read the manual. One of these days. Probably around the same time I finally finish reading the remaining 1000 pages of Atlas Shrugged.

But for now at least, my library copy is collecting dust on the coffee table, and Daisy and I have been having fun playing with the indoor lighting. Thankfully, my subject's been a good sport, if just a little cabin-feverish.

her "give me wally" (lolly) face

Aaand, her "I got my wally" face...



"Mom, there's a whole world outside; can we go?"



Peek-a-boo!



 Nothing cuter than a baby bun.

shirt with tie (boys' section, also came with a pair of cargo jeans) and denim skirt: both on clearance at JCPenny

Don't worry, I didn't really coop her up the entire week. :)
Her "evil step-mother"let her out of her tower to run off some cabin-fever, balloons in tow. 
Happy "burfdaay" uncle Bradley!




denim vest: DIY from a Walmart jacket on clearance
cupcake bow and pantaloons: Daisy &Dolly Designs


Chicken-soup kisses,
n&d

No comments:

Post a Comment